WOODEN SURFACE PREPARATION
Preparation and application of wooden surfaces does vary slightly depending on what product is being applied. The following are a general guidelines when caring for wood floors. For more specific information see your products details page and remember caring for wood floors is easy, if done properly.
Colours available in Neutral, Mahogany, Teak and White.
- Surfaces must be dry and free from dust, dirt, grease, oil mildew, mould and wax.
- Always sand in the direction of the grain. On flat surfaces, use long straight strokes. For rounded surfaces such as legs, be sure to sand in the direction of the grain. Sanding against the grain will scratch or scar the wood surface. Do not over sand. This could fill the pores of the wood by polishing the surface and prevent proper penetration.
- Previously painted surfaces – all loose and flaking paint must be removed by sanding or scraping or with a good chemical stripper.
- Drying of any coating will vary considerably with temprature or humidity. The colder or more humid it is, the longer the coating will take to dry. Always apply when tempratures are between 10°C and 30°C.
- Always stir contents thoroughly with a wide, flat stirrer, such as a wooden ruler, before and during use.
- Do not shake cans as this action will aerate the contents and cause air bubbles in the coating.
Bona Decking Oil
With new Bona Decking Oil, outdoor decking receives long lasting protection against whatever our British weather throws at it! The new formula, containing very low amount of solvents, heavily enhances protection against UV bleaching and water penetration.
Exterior wooden decking
- Long Lasting Protection
- Protects wood from UV bleaching
- Prevents cracks
- Low VOC
- High coverage